Sunday, July 6, 2008

Big Change


My good friend AnnDee has had long hair for as long as I've known her. The other day, she asked me to chop it off for her....every hair dresser's dream. We plotted out the length she wanted, then determined the best shape for her texture and face shape. Andee has fantastic hair, with thick, wavy texture, that can be straightened easily. This particular style is very versatile; it can be worn completely straight by flat-ironing, round brushed as shown, or she can go natural and let her wavy texture show.
My favorite tip for flat-ironing hair is to elevate it first and then run the flat iron through it, instead of ironing straight down. This gives the hair a more natural look and less of a stamped in straightness. One reason I love Bangs is, you can take a quick 2 minutes to just style just them and pull the rest back in a ponytail and it give you softnesss and style with hardly any effort. One down-side of bangs is they tend to get oily faster than the rest of your hair, especially in the summer heat. One remedy is to wet just your bangs, add a dab of shampoo, rinse, then re-style. it will really freshen your whole look. I know when I've chopped all of my hair off, I have loved to play with it and find new ways to wear it--I hope AnnDee has fun with it.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

You are totally amazing! I'll be calling soon!

Lobdell family said...

You did a great job. Please tell AnnDee hi for me!!

jussisfox said...

This is so cute Stacy! Its about the length I would want when... or maybe I should say IF I cute mine, haha!

jussisfox said...

O ya that last comment was from Justine if you didn't know :)hope ur well!

Lindsey said...

ok, you've got me rethinking bangs... :-)